Champagne Pol Roger has been a longstanding supporter of Three Day Eventing and is proud to be the official Champagne of both the Festival of British Eventing at Gatcombe Park and Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials. Furthermore, they continue to support Pol Roger Ambassadors and Equestrian Team GBR members Harry Meade and Laura Collett.
Pol Roger recognises that some of the greatest equestrian athletes have risen to an elite level in the sport even with limited financial resource. It is our hope that this bursary will support a talented, young rider for a year on their way to a successful career in the sport of Eventing.
Pol Roger Ltd. is a member of the Portman Group
• Entries Open – 18th September 2017
• Final Entries – 20th November 2017
• Rider to be selected – 22nd December 2017
• Bursary and period of support – 1st January 2018 – 31st December 2018
Terms of Bursary:
• £2000 from Pol Roger ltd. to go towards event entry, training, stabling costs and associated travel costs (incl fuel)
Clothing / branded apparel:
- Musto branded clothing to include:
- 1 x outdoor Jacket
- 1 x gilet
- 2 x base layers
- 2 x polos
- 1 x cross country top
- 1 x rug and 1 x saddle cloth (branded Pol Roger) from Stitched Equestrian
- 1 x half day session with Harry Meade – at Harry’s yard
- 1 x half day session with Laura Collett – at Laura’s yard
- 1 x half day session with Lucinda Green – at agreed venue
- 1 x half day session with Paul Graham, Director of Business Development at Pol Roger Portfolio, on how to improve marketability to future sponsors (in London)
Conditions of entry:
- Rider must be over 18yrs old
- Rider must not have completed an event at CIC 1* level
- Rider must be prepared to wear Champagne Pol Roger branded items during events
- Rider must not be a professional rider
- Rider must be looking to get to CIC 1* or CCI 1* level in 2018
- Rider must be a British passport holder
- Rider must be willing to write a monthly blog for the website www.polroger.co.uk – (Pol Roger reserves editorial rights)
How to Apply:
• Rider must submit CV, covering letter, recent photo of Eventing and reference(s) to Harriet.Burnett@polroger.co.uk
- Members of Panel
- Paul Graham, Director of Business Development at Pol Roger Portfolio
- Harry Meade, Three Day Eventer, Pol Roger Ambassador and Equestrian Team GBR member
- Laura Collett, Three Day Eventer, Pol Roger Ambassador and Equestrian Team GBR member
- Lucinda Green MBE, Former Three-Day Event rider, who included six victories at the Badminton Horse Trials amongst her successes
- Victoria Jenner, founder of Stitched Equestrian, bespoke equestrian embroidery
- The panel’s decision will be final, based on all applications submitted and support material
- The panel will judge the prospective beneficiary on aptitude, ability, professionalism and interpersonal skills
- The final shortlist of three applicants will be invited to London for an interview with the panel
- The winning rider will be selected following this interview by majority vote.
- If the panel is unable to reach a decision, they reserve the right to a decision to review the riders at a yard and judge on ‘ability in the saddle’ in front of Harry Meade, Laura Collett and Lucinda Green MBE.
Champagne Pol Roger reserves the right to use the term ‘novice’ as a non-professional rider who has yet to achieve CIC 1*event entry level.
We are unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants.