Primum Familiae Vini (PFV) Launch €100,000.00 Prize
Primum Familiae Vini (PFV) was founded in 1992, consisting of 12 of the “leading families” in the wine industry. Each year the members gather to discuss a wide range of matters affecting family-owned wine businesses. Beyond championing family business, the PFV also aims to educate and train the younger generations. Within the Portfolio, both Champagne Pol Roger and Maison Joseph Drouhin are members.
This year, the PFV has created an award worth €100,000.00. The award will reward a family company in any area of enterprise that demonstrates excellence in sustainability, innovation, craftsmanship and successful transition from one generation to the next. The primary objective is to help another family business achieve their vision of a better world for generations to come.
The President of the PFV, Marc Perrin, said of the prize:
‘By announcing this prize at a time of international crisis resulting from Covid 19, we emphasize the long-term thinking of family companies and our inherent optimism about the future providing we defend the right values. We in the PFV believe that family companies are the bedrock of regional and national economies.’
Applications for The PFV Prize 2020 can be made from 1st July at www.thepfvprize.com and will close on 30th October 2020.
The Selection Jury for The PFV Short List and The PFV Prize will be a member of each of the twelve PFV wine families:
- Egon Muller • Egon Muller Scharzhof, Germany • Founded 1797
- Albiera Antinori • Marchesi Antinori, Italy • Founded 1385
- Prince Robert of Luxembourg • Domaine Clarence Dillon, France • Founded 1935
- Priscilla Incisa Della Rochetta • Tenuta San Guido, Italy • Founded 1840
- Marc Perrin • Famille Perrin, France • Founded 1909
- Frederic Drouhin • Maison Joseph Drouhin, France • Founded 1880
- Jean-Frederic Hugel • Famille Hugel, France • Founded 1639
- Miguel Torres Maczassek • Familia Torres, Spain • Founded 1870
- Paul Symington • Symington Family Estates, Portugal • Founded 1882
- Pablo Alvarez • Vega Sicilia, Spain • Founded 1864
- Philippe Sereys de Rothschild • Baron Philippe de Rothschild, France • Founded 1853
- Hubert de Billy • Champagne Pol Roger, France • Founded 1849
The PFV Selection Jury will be supported by Christophe Brunet, General Secretary of the PFV
(Please see list above, from top left to right for names)