Harriet Burnett, Pol Roger Portfolio London Office Administrator
Harriet joined Pol Roger Portfolio’s London office in January 2015, having previously worked for several companies in the wine trade, both in the UK and Australia.
When not in the office, Harriet can be found indulging in her main passion: racing! A particular fan of obstacle course racing and trail running, Harriet is currently training for her greatest challenge yet, the World’s Toughest Mudder set in the Nevada dessert in November this year. Faced with the prospect of this extreme 24-hour obstacle course, she is constantly searching for the perfect race time snack.
This nutty recipe provides a winning combination of energy, protein and flavour and is perfect for endurance sport.
Nutrageous Nibbles for mid-race refuel followed by Pol Roger Brut Reserve for post-race celebration!
- 2 cups mixed nuts, slightly crushed
- 2 cups chopped, dried fruit – any (I used sultanas and dates)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup seeds – any (I am using pumpkin)
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- Grease a baking tray with cooking spray/ butter.
- Dry roast the nuts on their own in a non-stick saucepan for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Once cool, mix roasted nuts, dried fruit (chopped roughly), rolled oats and seeds in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine peanut butter, brown sugar and honey in a large microwaveable bowl and heat on high for 2 minutes.
- Pour the heated mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until coated.
- Transfer the mixture to your greased baking tray, pressing down firmly and ensuring the base is covered and even.
- Leave for approximately 1 hour to harden and then cut into bite-size pieces, or roll into balls. Perfect for consuming mid race, for a much needed energy boost.
- Following any race I like to celebrate with a much-deserved glass of Pol Roger Brut Reserve!