Lou Eastham – Stylist and Creative Director at Jake Eastham Photography
I have been working with Photographer Jake Eastham as his stylist and his ‘”quick think of an idea person” for the past ten years.
As a stylist I work closely with Jake to achieve the right look and mood for our clients products and their story. I cover so many areas including food, interiors, crafts, natural beauty products and clothing but everything we shoot has its heart in the countryside. I also help to source locations, models and props and one of my best sources is our local recycling depot !!
I have been lucky enough to work with some great clients but of course working with Pol Roger is always a treat especially when we ‘have’ to open a bottle in order to get the perfect picture!
Seven Steps Simple Pancakes Paired with Pol Roger Rich
This is a simple and quick family pancake recipe that everyone can try and there are so many fun *twists.
You will need:
- One Cup – always use same cup for each ingredient
- One frying pan
- One whisk
- One spatula
- One small ladle
- One bowl
- One Clean tea towel
- One Egg
- One full cup of self raising flour
- One full cup of milk
- One large knob of butter
- Crack the egg into a bowl
- Add the cup of flour and cup of milk ( always use same size cup)
- Whisk around until smooth and creamy.
- Put 1/3 the butter in a frying pan and heat over a medium heat.
- When butter is hot, use a ladle and add batter to the pan. You will probably be able to cook four at a time because they are only small.
- After 1- 2 minutes and when they bubble, turn them over. When they are golden brown on both sides lift out and bundle them up to keep warm in a clean tea towel.
- Wipe the pan around with some kitchen roll and add some fresh butter and start again; keep going until you have used all your batter.
Serve with your favourite topping and fruit. We like Blueberries and strawberries and Maple Syrup but you could use yoghurt or crème fraiche and Honey.
- Grate a little nutmeg or vanilla into your batter
- Grate a whole pear or apple into your batter
- Add blueberries into your batter and watch them pop !