Great Britain is, and always has been, the premier export market for Champagne Pol Roger, a tradition dating back to the 1860’s. For more than a century, Champagne Pol Roger was represented in Great Britain by a single company, Dent & Reuss and its antecedents: a symbol of stability, continuity and mutual loyalty.
In 1990, with the closure of Dent & Reuss, Champagne Pol Roger resolved to establish its own subsidiary in Great Britain, Pol Roger Ltd. The key management team from Dent & Reuss were recruited to the new company. With selective recruitment, the establishment has now grown to a closely integrated team of sixteen. Pol Roger Portfolio has flourished since adding UK Agency responsibilities for a number of like-minded wineries and distilleries from around the world. We represent high quality, predominantly family owned producers of first-class wines and spirits.
Who we represent…
- Pol Roger – Champagne Pol Roger has been producing exceptional champagne for over 160 years. To this day the house remains small, family-owned, fiercely independent and unrivalled in its reputation for quality. Indeed, it is this quality which brought about Sir Winston Churchill’s lifelong attachment to Pol Roger, who famously insisted “In defeat I need it, in victory I deserve it”.
- Abreu Vineyards – David Abreu, Napa Valley born and bred, oversees 28 Ha, producing iconic, single vineyard wines from the Napa Valley.
- Crown Estates – produce traditional dessert wines from the famous Tokaji region, along with a range of dry wines. Crown Estates was formerly owned by the Hungarian Royal family and has library stock dating back to the early part of the twentieth century.
- Dalla Valle – Overlooking the Napa Valley floor from a hillside terrace, 400 feet above the Silverado Trail in Oakville, this exceptional acreage has continually distinguished itself as an ideal site for producing some of the world’s finest wines, since Gustav and Naoko purchased the property in 1982.
- Maison Joseph Drouhin – Founded in 1880 by the then 22 year old Joseph Drouhin, this famous Burgundy Negociant is still family owned. Now in the 4th generation, Maison Joseph Drouhin owns extensive parcels throughout the region and in Chablis. Continuing the work started by the young Joseph Drouhin, the family Domaine extends to some 73 hectares in the Côte-d’Or and Chablis; all of which are now run on biodynamic principles.
- Gallica – a small family run winemaking endeavour, with highly-regarded winemaker Rosemary Cakebread at the helm. The brand was born in 2007 out of a desire to make wines from unique sites, working side-by-side with committed growers, and exploringunique varietals.
Glenfarclas Single Malt – The story of Glenfarclas is as rich and colourful as the whisky which bears its name. It is the story of one family, the Grants, who since 1865 have been united in creating a range of outstanding Speyside Single Malts. The company remains to this day in family hands with 6th generation George Grant the current Sales Director.
- Josmeyer – a fifth generation family run estate in the Alsace. These fabulous and varied wines are all produced from Josmeyer’s 25 ha biodynamic estate including the Grand Cru sites of Brandt & Hengst.
- Kilchoman – Established in 2005, is one of the smallest distilleries in Scotland. Based on a farm on the rugged west coast of Islay, Kilchoman is the first distillery to be built on the Island for 125 years. Kilchoman is one of only a handful of distilleries still practicing floor malting, as well as growing their own barley, thus completing all parts of the production process at the distillery – from barley to bottling.
- Robert Sinskey Vineyards – Based in the Los Carneros and Stags Leap districts of Napa and Sonoma Valleys, Robert Sinskey has grown his 100% organic and Biodynamic certified winegrowing operation to over 200 acres of premium vineyards over the past twenty-five years.
- Staglin Family Vineyard – Founded in 1985 by Shari, Garen, Brandon and Shannon, Staglin Family Vineyard takes pride in the tradition of family ownership; their mission is to produce world class wines, with the aid of viticulturalist David Abreu, that reflect the distinctive character of their historic Rutherford Bench estate in the Napa Valley.